Re: [xsl] Re: Sorting on call-template value?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Sorting on call-template value?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:51:09 -0600 (MDT)
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

> > Use a variable?
> >
> > <xsl:variable name="sortkey">
> >   <xsl:call-template name="foo"/>
> > </xsl:variable>
> > <xsl:for-each select="/some/nodes">
> >   <xsl:sort select="string($sortkey)"/>
>
> Obviously, this is not a solution -- a sort key must be a function of the
> current node if it is to be of any use. The value of the sort key above
> would be constant for all /some/nodes and will not cause any changes in the
> order  they are represented in the node-list.

Obviously, you are much better than me at divining what he wanted, based on
his unclear question. It sounded to me like he just wanted to use the result
of a call-template *in* his sort key. I assumed he would be doing something
like <xsl:sort select=". = xx:node-set($sortkey)"/>. Obviously, I was wrong.
Obviously.