Re: [xsl] A Question **TO** XSLT Newbies

Subject: Re: [xsl] A Question **TO** XSLT Newbies
From: Andrew Watt <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:40:19 +0100
At 07:28 21/04/2003 -0700, you wrote:
I'd suggest separating point 3 into two subpoints:

3a. *How* will I get the data?
3b. How will I channel that data into the output?

In my short experience with XSLT, point 3a was the
difficult part. I knew what data I wanted, but didn't
know at the time how to get to it. That's especially a
difficulty if one is not in control of the format of
the data source.

James,

An interesting suggestion. Thanks.

Can you dissect out whether your problem was in mastering XPath syntax/concepts or how XPath fits with the flow among XSLT templates?

To put it explicitly, is 3a having a problem with XPath? Primarily? Or not as simple as that?

Easy for me to ask the question, I know. Maybe much harder to answer.

Andrew Watt