RE: [xsl] fetch value from processing instruction

Subject: RE: [xsl] fetch value from processing instruction
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:07:20 -0400
[rondeelvantrigt]

> Please help me to get rid of quotes!
>
> In my XSLFO file I need a value from a processing instruction
> for retrieval
> by a marker.
> The processing instruction contains several values within quotes like:
> <?p="1" a="2" b="3"?>

Your document is not well-formed, so I hope that the above has a typo in
it.  I will assume that it should have read something like

 <?my-pi p="1" a="2" b="3"?>

> I created variables to fetch the values but can't get rid of
> the quotes.
> What I need is just the numerical value without the quotes.
>
> For example to fetch the value of p (I want the 1):
> <xsl:variable name="info1" select="substring-after(.,'p=')"/>
> <xsl:variable name="page.num" select="substring-before($info1,'"')"/>
>
> However, in this second line I cannot use the " quote, so I tried:
> <xsl:variable name="quote">"</<xsl:variable>
> and then used:
> <xsl:variable name="page.num"
> select="substring-before($info1,'$quote')"/>
> but I still do not get the single number 1.
>
> Any better solutions?

This will work -

select='substring-after(.,&apos;"&apos;)'

(Of course, it gets more than you want but it shows how to use your
quoteation mark)

Cheers,

Tom P