Re: [xsl] Pass node to template

Subject: Re: [xsl] Pass node to template
From: "Karl J. Stubsjoen" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:04:38 -0700
Scope?

Its still not working, all though I was able to get the suggested change to
the "with-param select" to work but only in a test environment.  I am
wondering if I am losing scope.  So let me ask this:

Does a variable not have scope inside an xsl:choose block if the variable
was declared outside of this in an xsl:for-each block?  So (not syntactily
correct):
<xsl:for-each>
    <xsl:variable name="some_variable" select="some_node">
    <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="....">
        <xsl:value-of select="some_variable">
        </xsl:when>
    </xsl:choose>
</xsl:for-each>

Then, take this one step further and from within the above "choose", call a
template passing this node set.  Would this template then loose scope do the
nature of the variable being passed down through scope (like the above
example)?

Karl