Re: [xsl] Pass node to template

Subject: Re: [xsl] Pass node to template
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:07:58 +0100
Hi Karl,

> Never Mind... I'm being a retard. Between my attempts to get this to
> work, I ended up passing the node set to a missnamed parameter. XSLT
> can be quite forgiving, for example when you reference a node which
> does not exist in a select and you get back an empty string, this is
> nice. It is also forgiving when setting parameter values, the
> parameters do not have to exist in the template.

In XSLT 2.0, it's an error if, when you call a template by name, you
pass in a parameter that doesn't exist in that template. You can also
make sure that you're passing in all the parameters that you need by
putting required="yes" on the <xsl:param> declarations in a template.
Hopefully that will catch a lot of these kinds of errors.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison