Re: [xsl] fo:block-container question

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:block-container question
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:44:52 +0200
Abhijit Junnare wrote:
Irrespective of what format the document is I would
like to have some specific information in a block
which I would like to place somewhere on the page. In
short I want to specify absolute position for the
fo:block-container I will be using.
The problem is that this
block-container is placed over some content i.e. the
content is hidden behind this container. What I want
is that the remaining content should flow into the
areas outside the container.

I think what you want cannot be easily done with XSLFO. You can use side floats to create text floating around something else, but I don't think you can position floats at absolute coordinates on a page.

I saw a property called
intrusion-displace.

That's for floats. I don't think it can be leveraged to solve your problem.

Is FOP compliant
with this property?

No, not implemented in FOP, as is all float-related stuff.

J.Pietschmann