RE: [xsl] Critique/comments sought: XML/XSLT website documentation project

Subject: RE: [xsl] Critique/comments sought: XML/XSLT website documentation project
From: Sean Wheller <seanwhe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
--- Dan Sumption <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21935&re
> > lease_id=16705
> > 5
> >
> > Has the docbook website stylesheets,
> > which do as Jim suggested, one xml file per web
> page,
> > with a collating pass to link them all.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> From what I've seen of this and the other examples,
> they all seem
> oriented around data at the webpage level. What I'm
> trying to do is far
> more at the website level (admittedly the two are
> the same thing, just
> seen from different perspectives). In particular,
> I've not seen any
> examples that produce wireframe sitemaps similar to
> the one at
> http://www.pernoctator.com/XML/whitegoods.svg which
> for me was the most
> important (certainly the hardest!) part of what I'm
> trying to make.

Dan

You need to have a vector application capable of
saving to SVG, there are few. If you have Visio, then
you can convert VSD files to W3C SVG format using an
external util like http://vdxtosvg.sourceforge.net/

The viewer is from Adobe but take a look around at
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml/index.xml?/xml/main.xml
before you just jump into it.

Enjoy.

Sean Wheller