RE: [xsl] Critique/comments sought: XML/XSLT website documentation project

Subject: RE: [xsl] Critique/comments sought: XML/XSLT website documentation project
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:37:26 -0400
Dan,

At 09:23 AM 9/18/2003, you wrote:
>From what I've seen of this and the other examples, they all seem
oriented around data at the webpage level. What I'm trying to do is far
more at the website level (admittedly the two are the same thing, just
seen from different perspectives). In particular, I've not seen any
examples that produce wireframe sitemaps similar to the one at
http://www.pernoctator.com/XML/whitegoods.svg which for me was the most
important (certainly the hardest!) part of what I'm trying to make.

Yes. It might be fun to write a set of extractors that would pull metadata out of Docbook, Forrest, DITA, TEI or whatever "web pages" into your XML, so it can be used to map them.

Cheers,
Wendell

___&&__&_&___&_&__&&&__&_&__&__&&____&&_&___&__&_&&_____&__&__&&_____&_&&_ "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau