RE: [xsl] Parameters query

Subject: RE: [xsl] Parameters query
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:55:35 +0100
> Questions are:
>
> 1) How large a value can you pass into a parameter value? For
> example, could it be a 50K block of text and not kill the processor.

Sure, why not?

> 2) If you were going to pass in certain types of text, I
> assume you would have to use a method for escaping quotes, etc.

No, why? If it's a string, then it's restricted to characters permitted
by XML. But I would expect a large value normally to be structured, i.e.
to be XML, in which case you should parse the XML first and pass in the
document node.

> Can someone elaborate on this for me so that I am clear of
> any limitations in this regard.

Obviously limits will vary from one product to another.

Michael Kay