Re: [xsl] how to import access database to xml?

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to import access database to xml?
From: Rick Taylor <taylor@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:16:17 -0600
Puja,

You might take a look at XMLDBMS. http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms

It is free middleware that maps database tables to XML documents. I use it to dump data from many different databases (including access 2000).

Rick

At 09:56 AM 9/29/03 -0700, you wrote:
Thanks for the reply.But I've Access 2000 and it does
not give me the option to save it as *.xml.Is there
any other way to do it.

Thanks..

--- Brook Ellingwood <brook@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In newer versions of Access:
>
> File > Export > File Type > *.xml
>
> I always end up cleaning the exported file up with a
> text editor and regular
> expressions (could do it in XSLT, but this is
> easier) as the straight export
> never is quite what I would have done. I believe
> there may be a way to link
> the export to a schema, so the output format will be
> more determined, but I
> haven't done it. Check Access's Help file.
>
> -- Brook
>

> > From: puja thakral <puja_thakral@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:23:26 -0700 (PDT)
> > To: List <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: [xsl] how to import access database to
> xml?
> >
> > Hi All,
> > Can anyone give me a clue on how to create XML
> from
> > Access dirctly.I was trying it with XML Spy.But it
> > gives me an error that 'Records cannot be read.No
> read
> > permission on the folder.I tried to set the
> properties
> > in the?access database?but it doesn't help.
> > Can anyone help pls?
> > Thanks,
> > Puja

>  XSL-List info and archive:

Rick Taylor XML Developer PPDM Association