[xsl] problem - generating XML schema via XSLT

Subject: [xsl] problem - generating XML schema via XSLT
From: Christian Sell <christian.sell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:28:09 +0200
Hello all,

I am trying to generate an XML schema file from an XML input document, and encounter a somewhat esoteric problem. I am using Xalan 2.5.1. The input document is in essence a simplified version of the schema. Heres an example:

the input:

<library prefix="test">
    <element name="dosome"/>
</library>

should become:

<xs:schema xmlns:xs="..." xmlns="test" targetNamespace="test">
    <xs:element name=dosome type="ElementType"/>

    <... type declaration ..>
</xs:schema>

So far all goes well, with the exception of the "xmlns" attribute in the output "xs:schema" element, which should hold the value of the "prefix" attribute from the "library" input element. I am trying to achieve this with the following literal result element inside the template that matches the library element:

<xs:schema xmlns="{@prefix}" targetNamespace="{@prefix}">
</xs:schema>

(XML schema requires both the xmlns and the targetNamespace attributes to hold the same value). However, the result I get is:

<xs:schema xmlns="{@prefix}" targetNamespace="test">

Note that the value expression was resolved for the targetNamespace attribute, but not for the xmlns attribute.

Is this an error with Xalan, or am I missing something? Does anyone have a suggestion how to achieve the desired result?

TIA,
Christian