[xsl] XPath 2.0: Problems with the two boolean constants true and false

Subject: [xsl] XPath 2.0: Problems with the two boolean constants true and false
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:31:15 +0200
I see two problems with the boolean constants true and false:

  1. They cannot be used in an XPath expression -- cannot be distinguished
from child::true and child::false

  2. boolean('false') is true.  This is especially confusing and may be the
source of many programmers' headaches.

Because of these I chose in my code to use functions returning xs:integer (0
and 1) and for templates to write code like the following:

  <xsl:template name="And" match="*[namespace-uri()='allTrue-And']">
    <xsl:param name="arg1"/>
    <xsl:param name="arg2"/>
         <xsl:value-of select="number(number($arg1) and number($arg2))"/>
  </xsl:template>

Am I wrong? Is there a way to overcome the above problems?

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.