RE: [xsl] XSLT Process for Linux ---

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT Process for Linux ---
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:56:44 +0100
There is no such thing as "FastSaxon", perhaps you are referring to
"Instant Saxon", which is a packaging of Saxon explicitly for the
Windows platform and the old Microsoft JVM. For Linux you need the "full
Saxon" product.

Really, installing any pure-Java processor on Linux is a doddle, and if
you need to ask the question, then we need to know what part of the
process you don't understand. With Saxon it's just a case of unzipping
the distribution into some suitable directory, ensuring that Java is
installed, and running

java -jar DIR/saxon7.jar source.xml style.xsl

Michael Kay