Re: [xsl] Getting Entity File Names

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting Entity File Names
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:13:43 -0400
Betty,

If the title within each file is in the same place every time (or even if not), you can retrieve it by adapting the method David showed:

document('',$node)/*/title

will get you the title element children of the document element of the file containing $node.

I don't know how far that gets you, however. But it shouldn't be hard to build a lookup table to get from this title (assuming it's unique) to a file name or some such.

Note that this also assumes each file is a complete well-formed XML document, not merely a parsed entity (which can have more than one top-level element).

Cheers,
Wendell