Re: [xsl] xsl search engine

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl search engine
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:35:40 -0800
Ricaud Matthieu wrote:

Ok I understood what I didn't understood before, I'm trying to make it good
and I write back either the solution I found or maybe other problems I
encountered
indeed I encountered other problems :
- In the recursive template, there's a problem at the last loop cause
substring-before the space is empty, but I found a solution
- there's also the problem of double matched THEME, because they have many
correspondings strings in label attribute
- How to highlight the searched string while displaying the label attribute
of the THEME elements matched.

So I'm working on it (it's about to be over) and come back in a while...

I originally went this route some time ago. I have since used Jakarta Lucene to index XML putting content and certain elems/attrs into fields. It is very fast to index and search. If you are using java, I would suggest using lucene. They have some examples of how to do this (it's not hard).

best,
-Rob