Re: [xsl] Problem with jsp expression %>"

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with jsp expression %>"
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 04:53:15 -0800
Andri Moniz wrote:

Hi
I have a problem related with a XSL that i have like this:
What i want to generate is this simple code for example.
..
followUp="<%=var%>"
..
and it always get like this
followUp="<%=var%>'

My XSL code is this...

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">followUp="&lt;%=var%&gt;"/></xsl:text>

What is wrong? does anyone knows? If i put a space or a tab or something after my %&gt; it generate the " .. but i cannot do that in my code.
Can anyone tell me what is this problem?

you can use <jsp:scriptlet>var</jsp:scriptlet>

There is also the option of using JSP 2.0 which allows you to create well formed templates much easier with its EL (expression language)

I would avoid disable-output-escaping as much as possible.

best,
-Rob

Many thanks Andri Moniz