RE: [xsl] XSL Problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL Problem
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:34:30 +0100
You can select the first NatureInterestCd = LIEN, using the predicate

AdditionalInterestInfo[NatureInterestCD='LIEN'][1]

In XPath 2.0 you can then exclude this from your result set by using the
"except" operator, and similarly for the other exclusions.

It's harder to do "A except B" in XPath 1.0: EXSLT offers a set:difference()
extension function, or you can use logic based on generate-id() or on the
formula

A[count(.|B) != count(B)]

Alternatively, you can use a predicate such as

AdditionalInterestInfo[not(NatureInterestCD='LIEN' and
not(preceding-sibling::*[NatureInterestCD='LIEN']))]

Michael Kay

ditionalInterestInfo[NatureInterestCd = 'LIEN'][1]) as that XPATH returns
the LIEN I don't > want (I had to use it in another part of the xsl), but
the ID