RE: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?) (was re: regexs, grouping (?) and XSLT2?)

Subject: RE: [xsl] grouping + global variable (?) (was re: regexs, grouping (?) and XSLT2?)
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:13:52 +0100
> How am I generating this "copy", in other words?  Should I, for
> example, be using the new temporary tree functionality? Within the
> context of a variable?  Something else?

Basically:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:variable name="temp">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="phase-1"
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="$temp" mode="phase-2"/>
</xsl:template>

So you're doing a two-phase transformation, with $temp holding the output of
the first phase, which acts as the input to the second phase. You don't have
to use different modes, but it makes things clearer.

Michael Kay