Re: [xsl] Trying to display Summed Average of Grouped Data

Subject: Re: [xsl] Trying to display Summed Average of Grouped Data
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:55:44 +0100
Hi Dom,

> In Brief im trying to display the Averages of each Column for each
> individual Days results so far all the methods ive tried have either
> led to a "0" or the summing of the Entire collection rather than per
> day...i tried using variables but found it impossible to
> manipulate...i fear my xpath knowledge is letting me down ...

It looks as though you're trying to update variables, which of course
you can't do in XSLT. Try this:

<xsl:template match="Log">
  <xsl:variable name="LogsForDate" select="key('rows', @Date)" />
  <xsl:variable name="Count" select="count($LogsForDate)" />
        <xsl:value-of select="round(sum($LogsForDate/@T_CPU) div $Count)"/>
</xsl:template>

The important thing is that you gather up all the logs for the
particular date in a variable, and then you use the sum() function to
sum whatever you want to sum in order to calculate the average.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison