Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 fn:tokenize

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 fn:tokenize
From: Kurt Cagle <kurt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:22:04 -0800
Naomi,

You don't need to use the namespace on tokenize().

-- Kurt

Naomi Gronson wrote:

I'm trying to use the XPath fn:tokenize function. I've made some progress, but I've encountered an error
that has me stumped:

The Namespace:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2004/10/xpath-functions"; >

The xsl test:

<xsl:value-of select="fn:tokenize('abracadabra',
'(ab)|(a)')"/>

The Error:

Error at xsl:value-of on line 348 of
file:/C:/CMX/filter.xsl:
 XPath syntax error at char 38 on line 348 in
{...ize('abracadabra', '(ab)|(a..
.}:
   Cannot find a matching 2-argument function named
{http://www.w3.org/2004/10/
xpath-functions}tokenize()
Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

I'm using saxon 8.1.1.  I have a feeling that it has
something to do with the namespace, but I have no idea
what.  If anyone has any guesses, I'd love to hear
them.  Thanks a lot.

Naomi