RE: [xsl] Create several XML files

Subject: RE: [xsl] Create several XML files
From: George James <GeorgeJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:36:40 -0000
Michael
> ... but you'll need some software
> that extracts them ...

That is a non-trivial problem.  Given that a CDATA section within an XML
file could contain whatever string is used to delimit the two files (in this
case a blank line and a pi), the only sure-fire way to split up two
concatenated xml files would be to parse the first one as an XML file.

So while you say that you can't expect an XML parser to do this, you can't
expect to be able to do it with something that *isn't* an XML parser either!

It would seem the best advice is not to concatenate XML files in the first
place, although this may be outside the control of the op.

Regards
George

Tools, Training, Technology
www.georgejames.com