RE: [xsl] document() path relative to current document

Subject: RE: [xsl] document() path relative to current document
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:07:45 -0000
> Thanks for your quick reply. But the way you describe it, can
> not work,
> because the document function needs a string to tell which document to
> access. I tried it out and i didn't work.

David is right (as always, except when he's typing too fast). If the
argument to the document() function is a node-set, any relative URIs in the
values of those nodes are interpreted relative to to the base URI of the
node that contains them.

If you want more control than this, you can use the second argument of the
document function to supply a base URI, but this is very rarely needed.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/