Re: [xsl] FO cross references

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO cross references
From: Markus Abt <abt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:14:58 +0100
Hi Elena,

I guess you are using Fop to convert your XML and XSL to PDF this way:
fop -xml file.xml -xsl file.xsl -pdf outfile.pdf

Internally, this happens in two steps:
1. Transforming the XML to FO using the XSL stylesheet.
2. Rendering the intermediate FO to PDF.

Fop uses Xalan for the first step. You can find Xalan in the lib/
subdirectory
of your Fop installation. You can do the two steps separately:

step 1 (in one line):
java -cp %FOP_HOME%\lib\xalan-2.4.1.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process
		 -in file.xml -xsl file.xsl -out fofile.xml

step 2:
fop -fo fofile.xml -pdf outfile.pdf

This way, maybe you get better error messages.
Even better, you can examine the resulting FO to find logical errors.

If you can't solve the problem, please also post the version numbers
of Fop and Xalan you are using.

Markus

Markus Abt
Comet Computer GmbH