Re: [xsl] RE: Can I generate position() values for nodes I reference by key()?

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Can I generate position() values for nodes I reference by key()?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:27:08 GMT
> And was hoping I could do something like this:
>

>     <xsl:key name="positionKey" match="/pd:chipDesign/pd:oligoList/pd:probe"
> use="position()"/>

That will key everything with the key "1" position() _never_ relates to
a position in a source document, always to a position in the current
node list, which more or less means the currently active select
expression or xpath step. In this case the current node list is (by
definition) just the matched node so position() is 1 just as if you
select a node with . or .. position() is 1.

You could use count(preceding::pd:probeAssignment) which would get you
the right number although perhaps at some cost.

David

http://www.star.net.uk