RE: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution

Subject: RE: [xsl] Testing 2 XML documents for equality - a solution
From: "Jim Neff" <jneff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:44:14 -0500
> So since 2 documents are being processed by the same
> parser, the outcome will always be predictable!
> I have tested the same example with a single product multiple
> times, and always I am getting same result..
>
> Regards,
> Mukul

Mukul, If I had a nickle for every time I wrote a function that I swore was
bomb-proof, someone would come along and feed it something that I wasn't
expecting.

Can you trust the source of the documents to be in the same order every
time?  I create my source XML documetns from an Oracle database and I get
them in whatever order the database decides to put them in.

What you said is true, IF the input order is guarenteed and nothing else
ever changes.  As a programmer, that is not a very good thing to say.
Something will change eventually and then they will blame you for not
accounting for it.

--Jim