RE: [xsl] Annoying XSLT code

Subject: RE: [xsl] Annoying XSLT code
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:14:15 +0100
> Then you haven't seen my (xquery) code that creates itself as it is
> being executed. That is extremely hard to follow (although it is also
> extremely flexible). I could not figure out how to do that in xsl. Is
> it possible?

It's actually easier in XSLT, because an XSLT stylesheet is XML, and both
XSLT and XQuery are designed to produce XML as their output. Also XSLT gives
you more control over important details like namespaces. Stylesheets that
produce stylesheets are widely used.

How would you generate this XQuery:

?

Both XSLT and XQuery allow you to generate code; neither of them (without
extensions) allow you to execute the code that you have generated.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/