Re: [xsl] Annoying XSLT code

Subject: Re: [xsl] Annoying XSLT code
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:35:56 +0100
> The first is selecting something using a variable and then applying
> templates to that variable, eg:
>
> <xsl:apply-templates select="$sections/section"/>

Why is this annoying? (I do it all the time:-) if the xpath to select
$sections is big and complicated and you need to query into it multiple
times then you either need to use a variable, or trust your system's
optimiser to implictly cache the result of the expression the first time
you use it.

David

http://www.star.net.uk