Re: [xsl] Lightweight XSLT based web framework

Subject: Re: [xsl] Lightweight XSLT based web framework
From: Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:13:34 +0200
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 01:45:32PM +0200, Peter Gerstbach wrote:
> 2005/8/26, Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Batsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Peter Gerstbach wrote:
> >
> > >I know (and like) cocoon very much, but I need a more simple and
> > >smaller system. All I want to have is the possibility to transform XML
> > >with XSLT, caching of the results and maybe a system that generates
> > >the site-navigation.
> >
> > That is not a simple system ;-)
>
> Well, I think it is. You just have to parse the URI, find the
> corresponding XML, and invoke a transformation. The result must be
> cached somewhere (ok, this caching can be very complex). For the
> navigation another transformation is needed, inserting some links that
> are read from another central XML file.

I was generating my website using xsltproc for last couple of years
from a Website DocBook xml files and it is easy, indeed. You can write
a script which would upload resulting html to a server in a minute. No
need for any special programs.

Piotr

--
   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw