Re: [xsl] Unwanted Prefixes in Output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Unwanted Prefixes in Output
From: Evan Lenz <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:51:32 -0700
Hi Alan,

   Better meaning "namespace normal". I've removed extra namespace
   declaration where they are redundant, which makes the documents
   much easier to read.

As was noted in another post, a two stage transformation is
probably necessary to get "namespace normal", and this code,
removing unnecessary namespaces, is the first stage.

I wasn't following this thread until now. I think you might find this page interesting and possibly exactly what you're looking for. It's a stylesheet that I wrote about 4 years ago called normalize-namespaces.xsl.


Current Thread