RE: [xsl] Ignore Namespace while transformation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Ignore Namespace while transformation
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:10:04 +0100
An element name consists of two parts: the namespace name and the local
name. Asking to ignore the namespace is the same as asking to ignore the
local name. You can ignore both by using *. You can ignore the local name by
using prefix:*. In 2.0 you can ignore the namespace using *:local. This
isn't available in 1.0, on the theory that a local-name is meaningless
unless you know what namespace it is in.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/