Re: [xsl] XML fragment as a param ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML fragment as a param ?
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Nov 2005 12:13:46 +0000

    Fraser> Colin, thanks for the pointer. I assume you mean the
    Fraser> technique that was discussed in relation to the document
    Fraser> function (note: I am using XSLT 1.0 rather than 2). I
    Fraser> tried this (in XML Spy for now), but got the error

    Fraser> 'Error in function doument; Could not find external
    Fraser> entity'

    Fraser> Is this perhaps related to to the use of data: not being
    Fraser> supported

Correct.

    Fraser> I haven't come across data: before. I thought that the
    Fraser> document() function accepted a resolvable URI as a
    Fraser> parameter, so does the use of data: provide a sort of
    Fraser> resolver itself then ?

No. data is a standard URI scheme. But which URI schemes are supported
is processor dependent.
So you will need to implement a resolver that handles the data URI
scheme, for this to work. (Or get someone else to do it - I can supply
Eiffel code for such a resolver, if that helps).
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire