[xsl] Question About Translate Function

Subject: [xsl] Question About Translate Function
From: floatingisland@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:16:41 -0500
Thank for the response, Mr. Kay. Sorry, I didn't format my original
e-mail properly, so that's not really the question I intended to ask.
Let me try to re-state my original question once more as follows:

Using the XSLT translate function, is there a way to change
&lt; to < and &gt; to >. I have an XML document, saved out
of Microsoft InfoPath, which changes the XML tags pasted into
a text box into a text string of (for example)

&lt;myXmlElementName&gt;myXmlElementText&lt;/myXmlElementName&gt;
instead of <myXmlElementName>myXmlElementText</myXmlElementName>

I'm using Apache Cocoon Version 2.0.3.
This is the translate function that I'm using:
<xsl:value-of select="translate(//myXmlElementName, '<', '<')" />
<xsl:value-of select="translate(//myXmlElementName, '>', '>')" />

This is part of the error message that Cocoon generates:

The value of attribute "select" must not contain the '<' character.
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in creating Transform Handler:
org.xml.sax.: SAXParseException: The value of attribute "select" must not contain the "<" character.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg