Re: [xsl] Question About Translate Function

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question About Translate Function
From: Manfred Staudinger <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:20:01 -0800
Hi Greg,
If I put your example into a xml document, say

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<doc>
&lt;myXmlElementName&gt;myXmlElementText&lt;/myXmlElementName&gt;
</doc>

then its perfectly valid and the  &lt and &gt get
resolved by the parser. For the xls stylesheet its
identical to:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<doc>
<myXmlElementName>myXmlElementText</myXmlElementName>
</doc>
so where is the need to translate?
Regards Manfred