Re: [xsl] passing parameters between pages

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing parameters between pages
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:48:12 GMT
> How do I pass an array between Javascript->Java (or request params-> java) ?
> Or need to declare that Javascript array outside of the function?

these are good questions (which I'm not best qualified to answer)
but they are not questions for this list. My suggestion is that you take
your existing stylesheets to generate html pages, and generate some
"static" html pages on your server and then hand edit the
javascript so that they are passing whatever query parameters are
needed. Debugging that javascript (or the code on the server that
receives the query URL) is unrelated to XSL. Once you have it working,
you can then come back to the XSL problem  of generating the required
html format from your XMl source.

You still seem to be confused about the role of XSLT

  I do have id declared on page2:
  <xsl:param name='id'/>
  Should I have it as <xsl:param name='id'>%</xsl/param>  ?

Any parameters that you have decared in XSLT are irrelevant to the
javascript/java in the HTML page. XSLT takes an XML source and generates an
HTML page, then it's gone. The browser then interprets the HTML page
and any javascript within it. It has no access to the XSL file used to
generate the page. You seem to be looking for some connection between
javascript variables in the page and XSL variables in the stylesheet,
but there is no connection.

David

http://www.star.net.uk