Re: [xsl] Are nested brackets legal? Is this the same as positional grouping?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Are nested brackets legal? Is this the same as positional grouping?
From: Abel Online <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 00:34:43 +0200
Michael Kay wrote:

Yes, nested brackets are perfectly legal, and expressions like this are
fine:

<xsl:apply-templates
select="twz:rows/twz:row[twz:cell[2]/@selected-id = $car-id]" />

I can't imagine why you would think otherwise.

Just never tried it (can't imagine why either :-) , perhaps because 'traditional' languages don't allow for nested square brackets? It looks odd to me... ), and apparently never saw anybody else using it. This opens up a whole new world for me: sometimes the biggest surprises happen in the smallest things ;-)

Thanks Michael!

Abel Braaksma,
http://www.nuntia.nl