Re: [xsl] XSL and XML Help

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL and XML Help
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:34:06 -0400
At 06:00 PM 10/13/2006, Dr KM wrote:
> You can do this with a for-each instruction, but anything you can do
> with a for-each instruction you can do with templates

  Excepted that template rules are applicable (mmh, not sure this is
correct English) only to nodes.

This is interesting ... it's true in XSLT 2.0, but not in XSLT 1.0, where one can select only nodes when executing a for-each.

In XSLT 1.0, indeed, the content of a for-each instruction is formally called a "template", while what we commonly call a "template" is actually named a "template rule" (which usage I see you observe :-). I suppose this is also not the case in XSLT 2.0?

OT: the English is correct; "applicable" is applicable. :-)

Cheers,
Wendell