Re: [xsl] [XSLT 2.0] Checking that an element's value has the desired datatype?

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSLT 2.0] Checking that an element's value has the desired datatype?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:32:16 +0100
>   I can't see how using matches() can "more closely and
> easily match the requirements expressed in the schema" than
> a schema validation itself.

Schema validation is defined in terms of regexp matching the lexical
form in the input document, so the matching is identical, and in this
case it's easier as you don't have to write a schema.

>  And as Mike pointed out, what  about " 1 "?
that's an easy fix to add white space to the regexp.

As Mike says, there are other advantages to using a schema aware
stylesheet, but this isn't really one of them.

David