Re: [xsl] Execute asp page during transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Execute asp page during transformation
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:08:22 +0200
Giancarlo Rossi wrote:

I need only how can I send a parameter to a page outside the xsl.
For example I partially solved using a frame:
<iframe style="display:none" src="insert.asp?da_apt={codice_ow}"></iframe>
But I dislike this instance... It could be dangerous.
There is another way to do it ?

As a matter a fact, there are zillion ways to do this. It all depends on your demands/requirements. It is never a good idea to use the same name/value pairs you use internally, to show them externally in the url querystring. Indeed that is dangerous. Use other names, use a mapping from your asp code, where you check the values to be in a given range or have only a given set of characters etc.

How you eventually get it to your processor is entirely up to you and depends on your processor. But my hunch is that most processors have a method like "setParameter" and that's it.

-- Abel Braaksma
   http://www.nuntia.com