[xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL

Subject: [xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:46:15 +0100
Gerald Sheehan wrote:
AltovaXML(tm) 2007 features include:

    *
          o Well-formedness checking
          o Validation based on DTD or XML Schema
          o XML transformations via XSLT 1.0
          o Schema-aware XML transformations via XSLT 2.0
          o XML queries and transformations via XQuery
          o Command line operations
          o COM interface
          o Java interface
          o .NET interface

The latest version of AltovaXML(tm) 2007 is now 9.0.2.0 just released
this week on 1/30. Checking all 3 stylesheets mentioned here, the
results of the transformations are correctly returned.

http://www.altova.com/altovaxml.html

Hi Jerry,

That is good news. Thanks for your comments. I've searched your website for proof of compatibility, and what tests Altova has undertaken to show its compatibility status, but couldn't find any.

The last time I tried your product, I was unpleasantly surprised by its meager results and many bugs, but I will try it again. I never really researched these bugs or reported them. Can you provide us with a link where we can search through the bug database and/or report bugs? And do you have some kind of document about the compatibility status (and I do not mean: http://www.altova.com/manual2007/AltovaXML/index.html?x20_elementsandfunctions.htm, I hope for something more in-depth).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma