Re: [xsl] Books on XSLT/XPATH

Subject: Re: [xsl] Books on XSLT/XPATH
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:16:32 -0700
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:06:39 -0700, Evan Lenz <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the record, Microsoft did take part in the development of the XSLT 2.0 specification, both through membership on the working group and as host of many WG meetings.

Hmmm... Weird. At one point, if not mistaken, @http://blogs.msdn.com/xmlteam/archive/2007/01/29/xslt-2-0.aspx > what now reads,

Microsoft contributed thousands of person-hours to the W3C efforts that developed these standards and iscommitted assist with the further development of XML standards at W3C.

Once included a statement similar to "MSFT had nothing to do with the development of the XSLT 2.0 spec, though did contribute to the development of both XPath 2.0 and XQuery."

Apparently (unless it was in a different post than the one linked above) it was changed? Not sure, but if the statement, as you suggest, was incorrect, then it would make sense to have corrected it.

So it's not as if they're a stranger to the process.

Oh, of course. This was definitely a part of my point: "MSFT is coming at the specification from a somewhat neutral perspective", 'somewhat neutral' being the key take away.

In short: I agree, though was 99.100% positive before now of the above mentioned statement. Thanks for helping to clarify, Evan!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 | http://dev.aol.com/blog/3155