Re: [xsl] XHTML html validation

Subject: Re: [xsl] XHTML html validation
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:07:02 -0700
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:17:34 -0700, Owen Rees <owen.rees@xxxxxx> wrote:

If you include <xsl:output method="xml"/> in a stylesheet being
processed by Firefox then you must also put the elements into the XHTML
namespace if you want them to have any effect.

True, but this is specific to Firefox given that IE doesn't support XHTML. The reason I stated "for all intents and purposes, anyway" is two fold,

* Each browser is different in how it handles the output instruction.
* As Abel points out, the transformation is directly to a DOM object, so
while html, xml, and text have significant meaning when outputting to a
stream (file stream, response stream, or any other type of stream),
regardless of what the output format is, you are still going to be left
working with a DOM object as a result.

Note that this is a different problem from the one that started the
thread where the XSLT processing is server-side.

Which is why I pointed out,

This seems like a pretty long thread, so I'm not sure I would be able to
locate what it is you are havingproblems with,

My point for stating this was based on the fact that after starting at the beginning of the thread and working down a bit, I realized this wasn't related, so instead of spending my time reading through each and every entry searching for a problem, it seemed like a good idea to simply ask what the problem was.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |