Re: [xsl] How to use generate-id() inside an xsl:function without a node available?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to use generate-id() inside an xsl:function without a node available?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:42:07 -0800
On 2/27/07, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<xsl:function name="pref:myId" as="xs:string">
 <xsl:variable name="myNode" as="element()">
   <someNode/>
 </xsl:variable>

 <xsl:variable name="vdynNode" as="element()">
  <xsl:copy-of select="$myNode"/>
 </xsl:variable>

<xsl:sequence select="generate-id($vdynNode)"/>

<xsl:function

surely you can lose the first variable and write that as

<xsl:function name="pref:myId" as="xs:string">
 <xsl:variable name="myNode" as="element()">
   <someNode/>
 </xsl:variable>

<xsl:sequence select="generate-id($myNode)"/>

<xsl:function

I think in this case generate-id() will be applied on the same node
again and again and will return the same string -- this is why I want
always to have a new copy of it -- or am I wrong?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev