Re: [xsl] How to use generate-id() inside an xsl:function without a node available?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to use generate-id() inside an xsl:function without a node available?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:06:16 -0800
On 2/27/07, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think in this case generate-id() will be applied on the same node
> again and again and will return the same string -- this is why I want
> always to have a new copy of it -- or am I wrong?

no a literal result element like <x/> is (more or less) the same as using
<xsl:element name="x"/> it's a single node in the stylesheet but it
generates a new node each time it's executed, and generate-id() is being
applied to that result.

Unless the XSLT processor decides to "optimize" this and makes the
node global(static) -- moves it outside the scope of the function....

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev