Re: [xsl] [xslt 2.0] Difference betwen functions and templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] [xslt 2.0] Difference betwen functions and templates
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:51:32 +0530
Hi Mike,
  Thanks for further educating me.

On 7/21/07, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now the questions is, is xsl:template name= ...
> able to do something, which xsl:function cannot do?

Depends what you count as "able to do something". For example, a named
template can declare default values for parameters. Does that count?

Yes, that's the difference which is significant for me. So I guess, this is the only difference between named template & xsl:function? I am not considering syntactic differences.

Yes, you can:

<xsl:template match="/">
 <result>
   <xsl:sequence select="xx:dummy-func()"/>
 </result>
</xsl:template>

Thanks for telling this to me. So for me, this difference does not exist any more..

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi