Re: [xsl] Filtering new tags using XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Filtering new tags using XSL
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:15:27 +0200
Buddhi Dananjaya wrote:

My customer may add new <data></data> blocks into this file, not always at the bottom (here and there) can anyone suggest a XSL format ( prefer sample code) to filter out newly added blocks..I need to get a new xml file which will contain new <data> blocks after transformation.

If you look at the data that he (your customer) provides, in what way can you, visually, distinguish new from old? And once you know it visually, how do you know it determinantly and evidently? In general, if you as a human cannot see the new from the old, then the computer won't be able to do so either.

To resolve this: either use a record of processed items or use a different data structure (like Mukul suggested: add a timestamp (but that is awkward when you are stuck with XSLT 1.0, I hope you can use 2.0 for that)).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma