Re: Line Break and global varaibles

Subject: Re: Line Break and global varaibles
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 14:39:09 -0500 (EST)
At 5 Dec 1998 16:26 -0700, Mike Sosteric wrote:
 > All I want to do is be able to extract each of the entity values, and
 > output them in a single paragraph with soft line breaks
 >
 > Jim PeppterTree
 > Department of Global and Social Analysis
 > Athabasca University
 > mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 >
 > my DSSSL code looks like this. I've tried (make paragraph-break) but that
 > doesn't work, and I don't want to have to create seperate paragraphs for each
 > element in this group. I know the solution is probably simple, but any help would

Why don't you want to create separate paragraphs?

Is your objection to paragraph-break that it really does make a
separate paragraph in the RTF output?

 > be appreciated. Also, I know that the way i'm moving up and down teh grove is probably
 > really bad practice, but forgive me.

You could do all the work from the AUTHOR element construction rule.

As an example of an alternative approach, the following untested code
does that, uses paragraph-break, and makes the flagrant assumption
that you only have one of each element that you're processing.

(element AUTHOR
  (make display-group
    space-before: 12pt
    space-after: 0pt
    (make paragraph
      quadding: 'center
      (process-first-descendant "FIRST")
      (literal " ")
      (process-first-descendant "LAST")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "ORGANISATION")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "DIVISION")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "EMAIL")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "WEB"))))

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632