Re: Line Break and global varaibles

Subject: Re: Line Break and global varaibles
From: Mike Sosteric <mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 14:53:45 -0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

    Tony> Why don't you want to create separate paragraphs?

Because I thought that the multiple paragraph breaks were messy. But after
trying to get the soft breaks in code, I've changed my mind.

    Tony> You could do all the work from the AUTHOR element
    Tony> construction rule.

(element AUTHOR
  (make display-group
    space-before: 12pt
    space-after: 0pt
    (make paragraph
      quadding: 'center
      (process-first-descendant "FIRST")
      (literal " ")
      (process-first-descendant "LAST")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "ORGANISATION")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "DIVISION")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "EMAIL")
      (make paragraph-break)
      (process-first-descendant "WEB"))))

This works great! And its much simpler and takes less space on the
emacs buffer.  So process-first-descendant will refer to any child of
the current node which matches (e.g.) "LAST".  Is that correct?

sorry and one other question, there is always a chance that there will
be more than one author of a paper. So is there a way to set space-before based
on whether or not its the first author. I've tried

 (if (first-sibling?)  40pt 10pt )

but that doesn't work.

--
Mike Sosteric <mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>       Editor, EJS <http://www.sociology.org/>