Re: Scheme Programming Reference

Subject: Re: Scheme Programming Reference
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 19:18:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Adam Di Carlo writes:
>  >
>  > This is incorrect.  Since government funding was used in the
>  > production of the DSSSL spec, it is therefore under public domain.
>  >
> It may be perhaps useful to remind list members that the world has
> a number of sovereign nations, each of which has a government; that
> ISO is an international organisation; that at least one of the authors
> of DSSSL is a UK citizen. do please lets keep the list international
> and not refer to "government".... :-}

I assumed that Adam meant that there existed a government somewhere that
provided funding, and hence I took no offence.

Russell O'Connor                           roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''

 DSSSList info and archive: