Re: One File into Many

Subject: Re: One File into Many
From: "Darrell W. Royter" <droyter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:14:52 -0400
Well, I'm kind of sad to see that it isn't possibly to do what I had
intended, but it is great to see that other users and developers see the
need for jade to output mulitple files from a single input file. I wish I
had more tecnical/programming  experience to bring to the table, but I would
think that the application of such a feature would be of temendous value.

I can see where this feature might be used for sales transactions. If they
stored transaction information in an sgml database, they could process the
sales transactions at the end of the day to an sgml file. That one file
could be run and sales reciepts or records could be outputed. That same
process and data could make purchase orders or whatever. You might even be
able to run several types of forms from one file, or go so far as to have
jade cranking out RTF and HTML in one pass.

Adding a multiple output feature makes Jade/OpenJade an even more effective
knowledge management tool.

Am I on the right track? Or has someone already figured this stuff out?

Darrell