Linkable footnotes?

Subject: Linkable footnotes?
From: "Christof Drescher" <drescher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:55:27 +0200
Hi!
There are many good hints about using footnotes, getting them numbered
correctly and having them processed under a certain subsection. Yet, I
discovered a problem using footnotes in an "comforatble" style:

When I collect the footnotes and replace them (at the point of their
occurence in the source document) by the footnote number, the corresponding
anchor stays at that particular place. At the end of the document, where the
acutal text of the footnotes is grouped, there is no anchor at all (which is
quite understandable, since it is just created literals). Yet, for a
comfortable reading, I'd like to have a LINK at the footnote-number to the
acutal text (so one can look at the footnote easily).

I did not succeed in getting this done. One solution would be to group the
footnotes at the end of the source-document and have a normal xref, but this
is not the logical way footnotes are used. What would be needed is a way of
attaching an anchor to created elements, or appending a node to the
processed grove (?).

Anyone has a idea?

Regards,
Christof Drescher